38mm Deep Light Aero Carbon wheels.
1450 grams per pair in clincher and tubeless compatible rims.
The best carbon wheel depth for combining climbing and aero benefits, the first depth that gives a strong mechanical structure for the rim for excellent stiffness, gets a large portion of the maximum potential aero benefits without hardly any weight penalty or side wind sensitivity.
38mm rim depth with U-shape aero profile (25mm wide on the edge, 28mm at the widest point)
for optimal profile with wider tires (25 to 28mm) for more comfort and more road grip. No spoke holes on the tire side for uncut carbon fibers delivering a stronger rim and no need for tubeless tape for a lighter set-up.
High Temperature resin and basalt braking surface. UD fiber rim surface.
Top Notch Sapim CX-Ray light and aero spokes (0.9mm deep, 2mm wide, 4.3 gram each with 0.4 gram 7075 alloy nipples). Arguably the best spoke in the industry (used by Zipp and other big brands in their high-end offering)
260grams/pair Ultralight Bitex hubset
66 grams RAF10 front hub with 20 radial spokes.
194 grams RAR9 rear hub with 24 spokes in 16:8 pattren
Freehub (all standards):
Patented 6 pawls freehub working in two pairs for 48 engagement points per revolution.
- Shimano HG 10/11 (with anti-bite stainless steel strip to protect the alloy freehub)
- SRAM XD (for 11 road and 11/12 MTB cassettes)
- SRAM XDR (for 12 speed AXS road and XLPR Gravel)
- Campagnolo 9, 10, 11, and 12 speed
Our clincher rims are tubeless compatible. This means that you can use them both with standard clincher tire with butyl inner tubes (do not use latex inner tubes with carbon clincher rims) and with the new generation of tubeless tires (without inner tube). Tubeless tires will provide a lighter set-up, lower rolling resistance, reduced risk of puncture and pinch flats and can allow you to use slightly lower pressure for increased comfort.
Contact us if you would like to only buy a front or a rear wheel or if you would like to mix different depths front and rear wheel. We can do that.
38mm Deep Clincher and Tubeless Compatible Carbon Wheels
- If you choose carbon clincher rims, we recommend that you use tubeless tires that offer reduced rolling resistance, reduced risk of puncture and can be used with slightly lower pressure for increased comfort.
- Front: 20 radial spokes
- Rear: 16 spokes at 2-cross on drive side, 8 radial spokes on non drive side fro even tension on both sides
- High Tg resins and basalt braking surfaces are important to withstand the heat from braking (see weight limitations in our warrantee section)
- Modern carbon wheels and frames should be best used with 25 to 28mm tires